Just to keep things interesting while we wait, I thought I'd answer some questions that we have been asked (MANY TIMES). I think I answered these questions at least a million times during Ansley's adoption but what the hey, let's do it again.
DrumRoll Please: The #1 most asked question is "WHY".
Why adopt? Why international instead of domestic? Why 4 kids? Why..Why...Why!
We always, Always, ALWAYS knew if we were to have a family (the big question was not HOW to create our family but if we really wanted to have kids) adoption would be part of the equation. Whether or not we could/would/did have kids the 'conventional' way, we KNEW we would adopt. It just was always in our hearts. You can say it was put there by God or that we have a social conscience or whatever. It is what it is: we wanted to build our family at least partially via adoption. Lots of folks just don't understand that. (my turn to ask the question) Why? I do not know. It confounds me.
So there you have it. There is no magical story. We are not trying to be like Angelina, Meg, Madonna, Stephen Curtis Chapman or whomever you might read about in the news. We are not trying to save the 143 million orphans in the world 1 orphan at a time. Not to say that wouldn't be wonderful if all the people who had the means to adopt, would adopt. I'm sure that would take care of those 143 million kids. Alas, that is not our mission.
Bottom line: We have the means and the desire and the motivation and the love in our lives. We want to share that with our children, how many ever children that might be and however they might come into our lives. BTW, we think FOUR is just the right number. Judson on the other hand thinks we need many more. MANY MORE.
#PSA End of School 2019
7 years ago
3 comments:
Well Said.
I say why not.
We would adopt again if we had the money but doctor bills keep taking our money.
I think it is wonderful. I would love to do it again and maybe just maybe I will have some wonderful news to share. In the meantime, I will relish in sharing your journey to your new child.
Kelly
Post a Comment