Waited 2 months, 3 weeks and 1 day for our referral! (but who's counting?)

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Just Gotta Laugh

I took the kids to McD's today so they could play. (Mental note: Do not take them again on a Tuesday). Apparently, on Tuesdays at this particular store, they have Senior Bingo in the kid's play area. So a couple of ladies wondered over to our table. One to say, she hoped my kids would not scream so that they'd (The Seniors) would be able to hear their BINGO numbers being called. Okay, let's see. McD's...kiddie area....and keep the kids quiet. Yeah, right. STRIKE ONE. The other came to tell me how cute my kids were and asked if I were their Grandmother. Oh yeah, they're winning me over fast. STRIKE TWO. I told her they were my children and that, in fact, we were adopting another child. When I informed her we were adopting from Ethiopia, she said, "Oh, you're going to be just like Madonna". Yep, me and the Material Girl are tight. STRIKE THREE.

You just gotta laugh.

1 comment:

Annie said...

That's too funny! Don't feel too bad about the grandma thing--that happened to me--and it was about 6 years ago!

BTW--what a BEAUTIFUL new little boy! CONGRATULATIONS!
Debbie (logged in as Annie :-)