Many folks have asked us Mesfin's story and background. We have not answered those questions and don't plan to in the future. Not that we are trying to be rude. However, we do feel his story is just that, HIS. He should be the one to tell it to whom ever he decides, whenever he decides. So, just as we've done with Ansley, we will keep all of the information we have on Mesfin and his life before he became a Stricklin in a safe place. When each are old enough to understand their life story, they will be given the information.
On to other news, we have airline reservations. We are hoping that another option opens up but at least we have something. Our hotel reservations are made. We are now gathering humanitarian aid and trying to figure out how we will get it all over there. A very big Thank You to our home study social worker who is notarizing our POAs for us. Everything is falling into place. Life is GOOD!
#PSA End of School 2019
7 years ago
4 comments:
Yeah to airline reservations! What date?
Jan,
How exciting. Remind me again how old Mesfin is? When will you travel? Are you all traveling? I am so excited for you.
Thinking of your family often!
Kelly
What an exciting time for you! I love what you wrote about "his story." I came from a family that had adoption in it and we fostered children (everyone of them were "mine" but I could not keep) who had an adoption plan and I say that all the time... it is their story to tell. I am trying to formulate how I am going to tell family any friends and maybe the three older children depending on the story. Thank you for writing about it.
WOW! I am so excited for you guys!
I try to catch up once in awhile, but summer time is tough to do much of anything with this brood of mine. You newest son is simply adorable and will fit right in with all your cutie pie kids!
Congratulations and I promise to stop by more often!
Janalee
Maya's momma
Chung Yi Taiwan Aug. 2006
Post a Comment