Waited 2 months, 3 weeks and 1 day for our referral! (but who's counting?)

Sunday, August 17, 2008

So Close

He's filling out the paperwork for the German Embassy. He'll be there tomorrow morning at 9am. He hopes he'll be able to go back after lunch to pick up his transit visa. *fingers crossed*

Today they went to an English speaking Evangelical Church service. He said it was great. He took some video of the children's choir. I think he said they opened up the service with "Holy, Holy, Holy".

Because it was so late when he got back from making copies of all his paperwork for his Embassy appointment tomorrow, he was not able to go back to Kolfe. Instead, he went back to the agency's baby house where Mesfin lived the past few months. He (Hopefully) took some pictures of a special little girl whose mommy and daddy are waiting. (If not, he's pretty sure Amy did. YOU know who you are) I think he also visited one of the younger kid's orphanages. (Not really sure of the proximity of everything)

He said there was a group of boys that started singing. The guards were laughing and Randy said the boys were so cute. Finally, the guards said the boys were asking for money. (it actually has something to do with the current festival that is going on) So Randy called the 'leader' over and gave him a few birr and told him to share with the other boys. So then they started singing again and he asked the guards what they were saying this time. They were singing, "Thank you, Mesfin's daddy".

It's been a great week of travel. He's met many wonderful people. He's grown to love a new culture, the culture of his 4th child. I know his desire is to maintain this connection with the people and the country, to help where he can, and to make sure Mesfin is very proud of his heritage. He is also ready to get home and spend time with the rest of his family. He wants us to meet this little guy who has already stolen his heart. Believe me, we're ready too. Ansley already wants to show him how to play with "her" toys and help me change his diapers. Judson is ready to teach him all about street signs and maps. Sawyer is just ready to be his friend. Mom is ready to have all her chicks in one nest! Soon....

3 comments:

Kristy -Mom To 9 Blessings said...

Just wanted you to know that I have so enjoyed "lurking" and gaining any wisdom for our upcoming trip! I can't wait to see pictures of your family....together finally! :-)
Blessings,
Kristy

Anonymous said...

It has been wonderful reading about your journey and the past week about Mesfin's birth country. It really is wonderful to hear about the spirit of the people and how welcoming they are. I can't wait to see pictures.
I hope that one day I might too adopt a baby boy from Ethiopia.

Sarah k said...

LOL... Ansley want to show him how to play with HER toys.. what a hoot!!!! It sounds like Randy is having a good time! The boys singing was cute too. I hope that they get their visa tomorrow.. well, really wouldn't that be today since I am writing you early morning??? Oh so confused..!!!!! lol