They got the transit visa! (Word of advice: If you are traveling alone, avoid having to go thru Frankfurt and having to get the transit visa. Not a nice process apparently)
He was able to meet with Mesfin's birth mother and several family members today. He said it went well. (As well as that kind of meeting can go) Mesfin was not very interested in going to them, which is great(for us that he is attaching to Randy) and sad(for them as they wanted to hold him one last time) at the same time. Hopefully, they feel at ease with their decision and with us as Mesfin's family. They were very interested in the pictures I sent of our family. (For future traveling families, the pictures are something both of our childrens' birth families have really appreciated) This part always makes me sad (Imagine if I were sitting right across from them, what a blubbering mess I would be). It makes me sad the someone has to 'lose' but in fact, that is what happens. We gained a son but to do that, a mother lost a child and a child lost his birth family and his culture. In the end, he gained another family and another culture. Reality is harsh sometimes.
They are heading to airport in a few hours. Randy is HOPING Mesfin sleeps the first leg of the journey and that he only has to keep him busy the last leg. *fingers crossed*
Pictures soon!!!
Forgot to mention. Apparently, Mesfin's birth father was a man, short in stature. Let's see, short and male pattern baldness. Mesfin may be more like Randy than Randy.
#PSA End of School 2019
7 years ago
3 comments:
LOL
I'm sitting here at my contract job with tears in my eyes I'm so happy for your family. I will be praying for Randy and Mesfin and a safe return.
This has been quite a journey...I know you are looking forward to all being together!
Post a Comment